This award has been a long time coming for the musician as he has been nominated on seven occasions during his career. In 2015, he was nominated for a Grammy for his work with Toto la Momposina.
As well as teaching at Los Andes, this sound engineer is director and head mastering engineer at his own company: C1M. This company has dedicated over a decade to musical mastering. The producer is a member of the Latin Recording Academy, which allows him to register the mastered productions there so as they can be nominated in different categories.
It was this mastering work that quite rightly led to his triumph at this year´s Latin Grammys. Sivia Castro was in charge of mastering the album Ni un paso atrás by Jorge Celedón.
He describes his job as his passion that has spurred him forwards ever since he found music when he was young.
The full video of the interview with the 47th vice-president of the United States of America, Joe Biden, in Bogotá, Colombia.
Andrés Link, who works in the Faculty of Business Administration, was given an award in the ‘Primates’ category for his contributions to conservation
- The selection of Ediciones Uniandes research books
- Outstanding Uniandino participation in the Harvard model UN
- A project that uses fish to study Chagas disease has been presented with an award
- Scientists from Los Andes participate in the creation of a 3D map of the Universe
- Universidad de los Andes announces it will be opening a Caribbean Campus