This award has been a long time coming for the musician as he has been nominated on seven occasions during his career. In 2015, he was nominated for a Grammy for his work with Toto la Momposina.
As well as teaching at Los Andes, this sound engineer is director and head mastering engineer at his own company: C1M. This company has dedicated over a decade to musical mastering. The producer is a member of the Latin Recording Academy, which allows him to register the mastered productions there so as they can be nominated in different categories.
It was this mastering work that quite rightly led to his triumph at this year´s Latin Grammys. Sivia Castro was in charge of mastering the album Ni un paso atrás by Jorge Celedón.
He describes his job as his passion that has spurred him forwards ever since he found music when he was young.
Design students win the Biodesign Challenge, which is an award endorsed by Peta, the Stella McCartney brand, and the Stray Dog Capital corporation.
Andrés Link, who works in the Faculty of Business Administration, was given an award in the ‘Primates’ category for his contributions to conservation
- The Latin Grammys come to Universidad de los Andes
- Living maps: a concept that an artist from Los Andes exhibiting in France
- Universidad de los Andes: The seventh best university in Latin America
- Colombian project promoting a healthy lifestyle given an award
- Los Andes will be represented in the Latin Grammy Awards: a total of four professors and alumni have been nominated