The 2018 ranking, which measured 1,250 institutions from 74 countries, placed the University of Harvard in the United States as the best globally and the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil as the best in Latin America.
U.S. institutions, as well as those from over seventy countries, have been measured based on thirteen indicators that measure academic research and university reputation on a global and regional level.
In Colombia, the Universidad Nacional and the Universidad de Antioquia also figure in this ranking. They are in the top thirty best universities in Latin America.
The U.S. News & World Report was founded in 1933, and it is a media company that specializes in news, opinion, analysis, and personal finance as well as hospital, school, and university rankings. Along with Time and Newsweek, it is considered as one of the leading magazines in the United States. It provides its readers with information on rankings, news, and analysis that helps them make consumer decisions based on the results of its surveys.
- Universidad de Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Chile)
- Universidad Federal de Río de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, UBA (Argentina)
- Universidad Estatal de Campinas, Unicamp (Brazil)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Unam (Mexico)
- Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- Universidad de Chile (Chile)
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (Chile)
- Universidad Federal de Río Grande del Sur (Brazil)
Design students win the Biodesign Challenge, which is an award endorsed by Peta, the Stella McCartney brand, and the Stray Dog Capital corporation.
Andrés Link, who works in the Faculty of Business Administration, was given an award in the ‘Primates’ category for his contributions to conservation
- The Latin Grammys come to Universidad de los Andes
- Living maps: a concept that an artist from Los Andes exhibiting in France
- Universidad de los Andes: The seventh best university in Latin America
- Colombian project promoting a healthy lifestyle given an award
- Los Andes will be represented in the Latin Grammy Awards: a total of four professors and alumni have been nominated