Daniela Moreno, who studied civil engineering in Los Andes was part of the design and construction of the new Bayonne Bridge in Staten Island, New York. Due to the Panama Canal expansion, a new structure was required to raise the height of the bridge for larger ships that have a higher load capacity. As such, a new bridge was built above the old one, built in 1931, to avoid having to reroute the traffic that uses the bridge on a daily basis. The bridge now has been increased by a height of 61 feet.
It is hoped that in the future train tracks will be laid on the bridge.
Los Andes’ commitment to Colombia was demonstrated during three days during which there were meetings for alumni, talks, and panels.
The university will offer further and executive education courses, formal and corporate programs, and host regional and international events in Cartag
The alumni from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities did the directing, music, and animation themselves. The film was shown at Berlin.
- Travel diary for a green planet
- Los Andes will be represented in the Latin Grammy Awards: a total of four professors and alumni have been nominated
- The Uniandina who broke work paradigms
- Los Andes and Harvard Business School record accounts from entrepreneurs
- Semester with a record number of foreign students