The 2018 ranking, which measured 1,250 institutions from 74 countries, placed the University of Harvard in the United States as the best globally and the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil as the best in Latin America.
U.S. institutions, as well as those from over seventy countries, have been measured based on thirteen indicators that measure academic research and university reputation on a global and regional level.
In Colombia, the Universidad Nacional and the Universidad de Antioquia also figure in this ranking. They are in the top thirty best universities in Latin America.
The U.S. News & World Report was founded in 1933, and it is a media company that specializes in news, opinion, analysis, and personal finance as well as hospital, school, and university rankings. Along with Time and Newsweek, it is considered as one of the leading magazines in the United States. It provides its readers with information on rankings, news, and analysis that helps them make consumer decisions based on the results of its surveys.
- Universidad de Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Chile)
- Universidad Federal de Río de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, UBA (Argentina)
- Universidad Estatal de Campinas, Unicamp (Brazil)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Unam (Mexico)
- Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- Universidad de Chile (Chile)
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (Chile)
- Universidad Federal de Río Grande del Sur (Brazil)
The material can be viewed by accessing the digital platform: ebooks.uniandes.edu.co
The delegation that represented Los Andes is comprised by students from the faculties of law, business administration, and economics.
- Scientists from Los Andes participate in the creation of a 3D map of the Universe
- Universidad de los Andes announces it will be opening a Caribbean Campus
- Los Andes and the University of Miami sign a partnership agreement
- How do you exercise control over your own life?
- Connecting the classrooms with technology